This website is owned and operated by Ideas Forums Ltd (“Ideas Forums”), a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 11428044 and having its registered office at The Cottages, Jones Court, Womanby Street, Cardiff, CF10 1BR.
These terms and conditions regulate the legal effects of how you use this website or any linked websites and web/native apps (collectively “the Websites”) or utilise any of our services accessed via the Websites. By using the Websites in any way, setting up an account or utilising any of our services accessed via the Websites, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Ideas Forums Ltd believes in respecting your privacy. We do not collect any personally identifiable data from visitors to this website other than when you subscribe to any of our services. The basis on which we collect such data and other relevant information are set out in our Data Privacy Notice below.
We explain below how we analyse data from this website. Any links to external sites are out of our control and we encourage you to always read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Visits to our websites
We use third-party services, WordPress and Strikingly, to host our websites. The security of the website is protected by industry standard encryption processes (SSL encryption).
For more information about how WordPress and Strikingly secures and processes data, please visit their privacy policies. We have no legal means of finding out the identities of persons visiting our website and do not make any attempt to do so.
The Great British Entrepreneur Awards, Fresh Business Thinking, Food and Drink Heroes, The Great British Businesswoman Series, The Great British Workplace Wellbeing Series, StartUp Awards National Series, Fast Growth 50, Great British Business Heroes and Ideas Fest, brands are owned by Ideas Forums Ltd.
How we collect your personal data
When you join our community or register Ideas Forums or any of our other services, we will request certain personal information from you necessary for processing your registration, running the Awards or other services and keeping you informed. Our legal basis for processing your personal data for these purposes is consent (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR).
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data which you have supplied us with or will supply to us for the following purposes:
· To run, organise and operate our services, as applicable
· To bring you news and information about the brands, our partners and our other services
· To provide you with further information about our branded initiatives and our other services
We will not use your data other than for the purposes described above.
You are able at any time to unsubscribe from our communications by following the unsubscribe link in any emails we send you or by emailing a request to unsubscribe to us at email@example.com.
Protection of your personal information
We will not share your personal data with third parties except in the following circumstances:
If you enter our awards, we will share your submission, including any personal data that is contained in it, with the judges of the competition, who will be contractually bound to keep the information secure and confidential
- We use certain third-party processors for the purpose of delivering our services and will give them access to your personal data where this is necessary for delivering those services. Our processors are contractually bound by contract to keep your personal data confidential and secure and to comply with our instructions regarding your data
- Where you register for a specific event, such as a webinar, we may share your data with the sponsor of that event, but this would only be with your specific consent given at the time of registration. We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data. We do not ourselves transfer your personal data outside of the UK. However, certain of our data processors may do so and where this occurs, we will ensure that such transfer is properly authorised.
- Any links to external sites are out of our control and we encourage you to always read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
- If you enter our awards, we may share your submission, including any personal data that is contained in it, with sponsors of the awards/category you have entered, who will be contractually bound to keep the information secure and confidential
In accordance with the principle of minimising data retention, we will retain your personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was acquired, subject to legal and other relevant requirements, in accordance with our data retention policy, as follows:
· Data acquired for contractual purposes – 7 years
· Data acquired for the purposes of entering an award – 7 years from the end of the year of entry
· Data acquired for any other services or purposes – such period as is appropriate in the circumstances
At the expiry of the relevant period, personal data will be deleted or anonymised.
Your rights under the DPA/GDPR include the following:
· The right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
· The right to be informed of what personal data of yours we hold, how we obtained it and how long we intend to keep it
· The right to have your personal data rectified in the event that it is inaccurate or incomplete
· The right to request the erasure of your personal data (also called the right to be forgotten)
· The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
· The right to data portability (i.e. transfer of your personal data to another organisation)
Your rights above can be exercised free of charge by:
· Sending an email to info@ideasforums; or
· By telephoning 0845 5000 328 and asking for somebody from the team.
In certain cases, we will need to satisfy ourselves of your identity before we can action a request under the DPA/GDPR.
If you feel that any of your rights have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Sharing your data with our partners and sponsors
We work with a wide range of industry related sponsors and partners. If you register for an event, webinar, award programme or download our content, we may share your personal data with the sponsor of the that campaign or event. This processing is carried out based on our legitimate business interests. Being able to share the data relating to our attendees with our partners and sponsors allows us to grow and develop our business.
The way in which our sponsors and partners use your personal data is their responsibility only, and details will be set out in their own privacy notices. Please ensure that you read and are happy with such notices. If you would prefer for us not to share your data with our sponsors or partners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after each registration.
Get in touch
If you have any queries, please get in touch with the team using the LiveChat bar at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can call us on 0845 5000 328 or email: email@example.com
Ideas Forums Limited